Monday, February 3, 2014

February Goals

So of course it is snowing like crazy again today, with at least 9 inches coming, and that groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter! I can't take it anymore. So while I'm figuring out if I can even make the drive into work today, I will leave you to see how I did on my January goals.

1) Workout at least 3x per week. Well, I did 2 out of the 4 weeks but this really wasn't my fault. I was sick as a dog with strep and a sinus infection and could barely function for 2 weeks, so I will give myself a pass but I definitely need to work harder this month to make up for it. 

2) Come up with a weekly blog series. CHECK!! Wise Words of the Week, for the Win! (I like alliteration, so sue me). Check out the latest edition here (I may or may not have skipped this past Friday).

3) Stick to a budget. Well, uh, this has yet to be determined. I purchased a few gifts for people in advance this month (what can I say? I'm a compulsive planner) so that may have set me back. Other than that, I really didn't make any unecessary "me" purchases. We probably could have done a lot better in the eating out department, but we can work on that.

Well, January wasn't a complete failure. Let's keep February's goals short and sweet.


One. Lose 6 pounds. For real this time. Let's do this. I need to win mine and Brian's weight loss contest so that I can make him get a pedicure and I don't have to go to a Devil's game. I am going to work out FOUR, yup, four times a week, as well as eat much healthier (no junk food except as a treat on a weekend), which should help me reach this goal. Also, I decided to jump start by doing a raw food week today through Friday, ahhh!

Two. STICK TO THE BUDGET! We are super duper trying to buy a house right now, and therefore we seriously have to be good this month and the rest of the months forever and ever.
post signature

19 comments:

  1. We really worked to nail down our budget in January (and be honest with ourselves about what was reasonable)...I'm really hoping to continue that in February! The whole buying a house thing is a great motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great goals for this month. I need to do the same - just generally eat better and work on saving, saving, saving!
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you did pretty well! And if you were going to have to purchase the gifts eventually anyway, I say they don't count against you. Good luck with this month. I want to hear how the raw food thing works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah planning to buy a house is so exciting! Good luck on your goals. It's hard to stick with new goals when the weather is yucky, but I know yoh can so it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for making goals. I need to try to stick to my goals but due to MAC coming out with amazing collections I am not doing so well:/ Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally looking forward to not sticking to the budget so much! Tyson got a promotion which equals a little more money in our pocket! Yayyy for more money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sticking to a budget is so dang difficult. Stuff always seems to come up...and not even stuff I 'want' but stuff I have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great goals, good luck! My goal will be to not spend anything, because I'm contract and I just did my taxes and the government took all my money. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's awesome. I need a bet with my husband to get him a pedicure! You can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you did well in january. and never workout when your'e sick - it just prolongs the illness and takes you out of the game even longer.

    good luck with the budget - it sucks but so worth it once you get your groove.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  11. 9 inches?! Holy shnikes!!!!!!!!! Hope you stocked up on lots of raw food! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo I want to hear more about the raw food thing! I cannot workout when I'm sick, so I feel ya there. Good luck with February goals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh dieting and budgeting ... two things I am NOT good at. Good luck and pray the snow stays away...I wanna see my baby sister in her high school play. Good luck with your February goals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sticking to a budget is the biggest goal and obstacle for me this month. I'm also trying to do a spending freeze, so I ONLY spend on things that have only been budgeted for, but it's so hard! Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a new blogger and I'm checking out other blogs to get inspiration and meet people. I am definitely glad I found this one! So light-hearted and relatable. I'm really enjoying your writing and hearing your witty take on things. My blog's a little different...it's called Mother Streusel's Useless Rhymes. I write poetry for children. I was reading about you and noticed you mentioned dachshunds and weightless. I actually have poems about each. They are silly. You should check them out if you get bored. http://motherstreusel.com/2014/02/04/dachshund/ and http://motherstreusel.com/2014/01/31/the-taster/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I mean weight loss, not weightless :)

      Delete
  16. Great Blog! Keep it up with the weight loss, I've lost 87 pounds in 7 months but it has not been easy.

    What about a 'weight loss wednesday' series? That's something that I do on my blog, I'll include a link to one of my latest posts.
    http://1brokegirl-tash.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/weight-loss-wednesday-7-months-post-op.html
    Tash

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are totally going to rock Febs goals!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)