Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Super Easy Valentine's Heart Banner

So I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22 I love Valentine's Day (sorry, I know I've used that line before but it's just too easy!). I love pink, hearts, flowers, candy, etc. My Mom has more seasonal decorations than anyone, I'd bet cash money on that, and I've definitely picked up this trait. She's given me some stuff she doesn't use anymore for my own house, and I've bought lots of stuff, but sometimes I like to get a little crafty, so here's my latest creation: A Paint-Chip Heart Banner. It is super easy to make, I promise, and it only look me like a half hour! (I made an Easter one with bunnies last year, it's super cute too!)


Supplies:

- Pink paint chips (around 10-12)
- Hole punch
- 2 yards of ribbon
- Scissors
- Pen or pencil


Directions:

- Fold one of the paint chips in half, draw half a heart on it, and cut it out. You will use it as your stencil.


- Trace the stencil onto the BACKS of the paint chips you want to use. I did a mix of horizontal and vertical. Also, it's important to trace on the back of the paint chips so you can't see pen mark on the colored side.


- Punch a two holes in the top of each heart, then string them onto your ribbon a few inches apart. I bought my ribbon in the dollar bin at Target not realizing each design was only a half a yard long EACH, so I had to improvise and tape all 4 pieces together to make the ribbon long enough, oh well. 


- Hang your banner and revel in the compliments you will receive. Also, I obviously just use my trusty iPhone for pictures, and it was dark outside when I took the pics so the lighting was awful, oops!
post signature

13 comments:

  1. That's so cute!!! We have a mantle in our new place- so I'm thinking of all the fun ways I'll be able to decorate it for every holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And super easy. I might just use other colors and hang out above my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Easy and cute :-) I was thinking I want to make some hand amde Valentine's Day gifts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I have made the same mistake with the Target Dollar Spot Ribbon! Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So. Stinkin'. Cute! I might have to decorate my room for this holiday. I leave up my Christmas lights, I think it gives my room some personality, but a heart ribbon would just be the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Valentine's day too and I loveeee that banner!

    Ashley, Married to the Game

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jess. I LOVE this idea. I think I'll make one to jazz up my cube at work (grey is just so boring - blah!).

    Anyway, I was nominated for a Liebster Award and while I'm sure you've done oodles of them, I've nominated you! Details are on my blog.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, maybe Little K and I can make one for her room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cute!!! although i don't celebrate valentines day, this would also be a great idea for a birthday party!!! we have tons of swatches and i was going to throw them out into recycling but not anymore. thanks for the tip!

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Can't wait to make one for our first home =). Hope you have a great evening! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love all of the creative things that people do with the sample paint colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I'm going to show this to my sister, I think she'd love it too! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)