Friday, February 14, 2014

I Don't Know Much About History

I'm pausing Wise Words of the Week because, duh, today is VALENTINE'S DAY!! But before I do, I just have to share one funny thing my mom said yesterday. She asked me "do you have an extra 'masonairy' jar that Savanna can have? You know, like the ones you use for jam." hahahaha Also, unrelated but important, we got dumped on yesterday and got over 2 new feet of snow on top of what we already had. We took advantage and actually went sledding, after like 2 hours of Brian shoveling a path to sled on because you can't just sled down a hill with two feet of snow on it!

Anyways, I think Valentine's Day is one of the best days of the year! And yes, I know I'm lucky because I have an awesome guy to spend it with, but I loved it even the years I spent it without a guy. I know there are mixed opinions about the holiday, especially in blogland, but I am here to tell you the top five reasons why you should love Valentine's Day as much as I do (it's okay if you don't though, I still love you and I can enjoy it enough for both of us):

Sorry for the blurry pic but this was what Brian got me for our first Valentines.. so sweet!!

Candy, flowers, and teddy bears. If you know me AT ALL, you know I am obsessed with candy and anything sweet. What is better than a box of chocolates, some sweet tarts, and an awesome dessert? Umm, that's right, nothing. You can't get enough of these things, you just can't.

Love songs. You know, those songs you can belt out in the car when hopefully no one is watching and you just feel like you should have tried out for American Idol because you would have rocked their socks off? Yea, those songs. "I would do anythinggggg for love"

Sweet gestures. Like last year when Brian drew hearts and "I Love You's" all over my car with car paint, so sweet!! Guys, I realize that we should go out of our way to show the people we love how much we love them everyday, but realistically, life often gets in the way. Plus, even if we do show our family and friends how much we love them everyday, why not spend this extra special day treating them even more special? It can't hurt, I'll tell ya that!

PINK! My favorite color. I love wearing it and decorating my house with cute pink heart stuff!

Yummy dinner. Whether you go out to eat or stay at home and order in pizza, Valentine's Day is an easy excuse to eat whatever you want and not feel guilty. I always take advantage, no doubt about it.

Tell me, where do you stand on the Great Valentine's Debate? I hope you all have an awesome Valentine's Day! Everyone should have someone to celebrate it with, whether it be your significant other, your family, your friends, or your dog. Love you guys!!

post signature

16 comments:

  1. i dont hate on vday but i don't celebrate either. my main reason is because i hate that companies use this as an excuse to jack up prices and i'm a cheap bitch and don't like being taken for my money!!!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Valentine's Day too. And aww Brian is so sweet! Most guys do not think of such thoughtful presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, it's a great excuse to celebrate love!! happy v-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you mentioned sweet-tarts,because that's my valentine's Day candy of choice, and the husband got me a big bag of this this morning. :)
    And I totally know what it is to have too much snow even to sled on!! That's okay, eventually it packs down, if you're committed, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like he did a great job picking out gifts! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! I'm so happy you have someone who makes you happy! I sure do love Valentine's day, it's just a fun reason to give and get love :) have a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really care about the holiday either way. I mostly dislike it because it feels like social media gets dumped on by either a. the humble braggers or b. the "singles awareness" day people. There is no escape! haha

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Valentine's Day! How can you not love a day dedicated to pink? I wish we could convert more of the Valentine's Day Haters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually apathetic about the whole day, but Little K was so excited. I made her a calendar at the beginning of the year with little pictures for all the "important" days so she can learn them. She's been counting down the days to that heart all month. So I got up early this morning to go and get her and Tyson their Valentine's stuff.

    Next on the list a green shirt, she's pretty sure someone's going to pinch her if I don't get her one for "green flower day". My art isn't so great what can I say. Have a great weekend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's like the motherload of red+pink goodies! sheesh....good job, Brian. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can definitely get on board with candy and yummy food!! I can't believe how much snow you're getting hit with... RIDICULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you even have to ask? I LOVE valentine's day. I'm like you--even if we show it every day--life does get in the way sometimes. And what's the harm in one special sweet day a year!? I mean really! Also? I'm with you in the candy department. Give me all the sweets. all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)