Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm Free!!

Now that the bar exam is (finally!) over, I can be a normal human being again. You know, one who wears make-up, gets dressed, and actually leaves the house. Truly though, I am excited to resume a life without constant studying. A lot of laying around, and job searching, are in my near future. Results don't come out until mid-October, so I have awhile to wait. A few things I learned this week:

One. 12 hours of testing is physically exhausting. The chairs were SO uncomfortable and my head, butt, back, knees, ankles, forearms, and shoulders are killing me. I can't wait to drag my butt to the chiropractor on Friday morning and get all fixed up.

Two. Just because the test was held in the PA Farm Show Complex doesn't mean the room you're testing in will smell like animals; it only smelled like cows downstairs, guys. 

Three. I should have been a legislator. I made up so many laws on Tuesday (the essay and performance test day of the exam) that I think I missed my calling ;-). The thing about the bar is that they can test you on like 20 or so subjects on the essays, but no matter how much you study, there will be questions you'll get that you have never heard of in your life.. so you make it up. Seriously, that's what the bar prep programs tell you to do. Just use a lot of words like "reasonable" and "substantial" and "justifiable reliance." 

Welp, I'm off to my hair appointment and then we are headed to the lake this weekend! Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post, but I'll be back next week with lots of pretty lake pictures and non-bar exam posts!



post signature

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally impressed by you, FYI. I cannot imagine doing the studying, schooling and testing that you have done! You're basically a rockstar!

    Looking forward to lake pics ;) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing! Enjoy that being lazy for a while you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing! Kudos to you...a 12 hour exam sounds insane! My boyfriend is a med student and he recently had to take an 8 hour exam. Just hearing about that makes me exhausted! :p

    Enjoy your down time!

    Miranda
    youngprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)