1. What don't you eat? I don't eat meat, fish, or food that contains gelatin or any other animal by-products. Though some people that are vegetarian eat fish (pescatarians), I view fish the same as like a chicken or a cow, but to each his own.
2. What DO you eat? I eat eggs and dairy, which technically makes me a lacto-ovo vegetarian. If I didn't eat eggs and dairy, I would be vegan. I love to eat pizza, mexican food, anything sweet!!, and pretty much anything you can think of that you eat that doesn't contain meat. I also eat veggie burgers and some meals that are typically made with meat but make mine with veggie crumbles (kind of like ground beef but made from soy-- they're not half bad I swear). My favorite veggie burgers are Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime.
4. Have you always been a vegetarian? As a kid, I never really liked eating meat. My dad has been a vegetarian since he was 17, so my mom always made meat and veggie meals, and I always gravitated towards the veggie meals. I always have been a PB&J girl, but I officially became a vegetarian when I was 8 and one day on the way to get a new piano for my lessons, I declared to my parents I was becoming a vegetarian.
5. Why did you become a vegetarian? Like I said above, I never really liked meat anyways, but I also feel strongly that many animals that are killed for our food are mistreated horribly (I am not referring to hunters; I am talking about the meat industry). If you don't want to know about this, then don't google it, because you'll never be able to think about it the same. This is why I buy cage-free eggs.
6. Aren't you missing out on important nutrition, like protein? Nope. As a kid my mom used to get my B12 and whatever else tested, but I was always fine. It is tough sometimes to not eat too many carbs, but I eat enough nuts, eggs, cheese, almond milk, and protein powder in smoothies to be fine. My calorie counting app Lose It! is awesome with tracking my protein and carb intakes for the day.
7. Does it bother you when people eat meat in front of you? Not at all, it's a personal choice and I do not mind or even give it a thought that people eat meat. What does bother me is when people shove their burger in my face and ask me if I mind that they're eating meat.. I mean seriously, would you like it if I shoved my food in your face? Yea, probably not, and that's usually my response.
8. Does it bother Brian that you don't eat meat and he does? Umm no, not at all, why would it? Brian is perfectly fine with me being a vegetarian and it has never been an issue.
9. Will you make your future kids eat meat? They can do whatever they want. I was never pressured by either of my parents one way or another, so I will not make this life choice for my kids. In my family, my dad, 15 year old sister, and I are the only vegetarians out of the 8 of us.
10. If someone gave you $100, $1,000, $1 million, etc., would you eat meat? Oh come on with this question. I get this all the time and it is seriously so irritating. You could ask anybody this question with something different subbed in at the end. My answer is no, probably not, but if you wanna offer me the million and find out, then feel free!
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me; I'm an open book!