Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Goals

Alright guys, confession: you may have noticed I mysteriously skipped making March goals. Well there's no mystery... I simply sucked at my February goals, whatever they were, and I was too lazy to make March ones. What a bad attitude! So anyways I'm starting fresh because there are things that have to change! I am hovering around my highest weight ever, which sucks big time, especially since we have 4 weddings to go to in the next 5 months, as well as it being bathing suit and shorts season very soon (at least, I hope.. I think they're calling for snow AGAIN on Saturday so spring and summer may actually never come). Also, our spending and budget definitely need to get under control or else we will be out on the streets instead of in our brand new house come May 30th, so April goals, I am going to kick your butt!

Goal # 1: Get up at 7am every weekday and do the 30 Day Shred or 30 minutes on my bike before work, and go on 2 mile or longer walks per week. This is totally doable, I used to do it in law school and I would have more energy for the day when I exercised in the morning. Plus I feel super accomplished working out in the morning.


Goal # 2: Stick somewhat to a calorie goal. I am not going to be unrealistic about this because recording every last thing I eat is a pain in the butt, so I may not record everything I eat every day, but I know damn well how many calories are in things and I know what I need to eat to keep it under control.


Goal # 3: Follow the budget that Brian made. No extra purchases. Stick to the list of necessities we need to buy before we move into our house. No more maxi dresses and Easter decorations just for the heck of it.

As you can see I didn't set a weight goal for myself, though losing weight is something I definitely want and need to do. If I stick to the first 2 goals, then losing weight should happen, I'm just not going to put a number on it. What are your goals for April? P.S. Happy April Fools Day! I hope you did something tricky to someone today, and if not, what are you waiting for?!

post signature

18 comments:

  1. I think these may need to be my goals for April (and the rest of the summer) too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to get on the budget for this month. eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to talk myself into getting a gym membership. I prefer to do outdoorsy things for exercise, but sometimes I think it would just be easier and more routine to go to a gym.

    Good luck! You got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to get my lazy butt off the couch for two months, I have 2 yoga DVD's and 2 Shaun T's Rockin' something or other that I need to be doing. I know I'll have more energy and be more healthy if I do, it's just finding the energy to start that's the problem. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg lol I only approve of your workout goal if you wear that thong workout suit and IG it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also plan on focusing on my fitness this April. The cool weather had me sitting on holiday weight!

    k i m b e r l y l u x e +
    f r o m a w i l d f l o w e r

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have a hard time getting up at 7 am, but I'm not a morning person at all! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Budgets are SO hard to stick to, but they're so worth it, too! These are great goals, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck this month!! I wish I could be as dedicated with the morning workout but... nope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hated getting up for morning workouts but I loved getting them out of the way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you're looking at calories... very healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am trying to start my days off with a workout too. It does give you so much more energy and I feel like I get more done the days I wake up and workout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh girl- I'm with you. I really need to get my butt moving in the morning. I do feel so much better when I work out in the morning...but I'm just such a lazy bum- getting out of bed is rough!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck! What matters isn't the following off the wagon, but the getting back on the wagon. I too need to get back on the exercise wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getting up to work out in the morning kind of sucks, but the feeling of accomplishment you have the rest of the day totally makes up for it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. working out in the morning is hard at first but once it becomes a habit, you'll wonder how you can workout any other time.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Following a budget is hard, but a little easier with a specified goal or number in mind. That's one of my goals as well. Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)