Friday, April 11, 2014

5 on Friday

1. I've been kinda down in the dumps lately. I have my reasons, but it still sucks. I hope this weekend will perk me back up. I think some shopping and maybe a pedicure are in order (not that I can wear flip flops for like another month, but at least my feet will look nice to me).

 

2. I wrote an entire post last night that I deleted. You know how Kelli's post the other day talked about how there are pieces of ourselves we don't share with the world, well that was pretty much why I pressed delete instead of publish. Felt good to type it all out though. Maybe one day.. hopefully soon.

3. Speaking of this weekend, I should probably get a jump start on packing for our move. We might actually be settling a week or so early (!!) and our weekends between now and then are packed. I'm talking Easter, two trips out of state, Earth Day festivals, etc. etc. I'm just having trouble thinking of what to start packing that we don't need right now... any ideas?!

4. I have been bad with my April Goals. Okay, not all bad, and not all my fault (I guess). I've been good with the food/calorie goal, pretty much because I feel crappy and am not really hungry (who even am I?!), but the exercise goal has just not happened. I've gone on a few walks, but my allergies have been so bad I cannot even step outside without feeling like I'm suffocating. However I really have no options left in terms of switching allergy medications, besides starting allergy shots, which are expensive, time-consuming, and take like 6 months to 2 years to start working. So that's not going to help right now. I know I could exercise inside.... but, no excuse. On a good note, I really haven't spent any extra money at all this month that wasn't in our budget!

5. I am going to leave you with this hilarious eCard... I love it so so much. Happy Friday guys

post signature


17 comments:

  1. Don't like hearing that you're in a slump! :( I hope it ends soon...maybe the excitement of the new house will help! :)

    And girl, get the pedicure. They are like cheap therapy.

    Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling down recently also, but thankfully the weather here has cheered me up a little bit. Always yes to the pedicure. ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the truth behind that ecard. I'm with ya lady- it's been a long and frustrating week!! A pedicure definitely sounds glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ecard! And perhaps start packing decor items and other stuff like vases, rugs, pictures ont the kitchenware that you wont need to use etc. These are actually the things you think would take the least time but take forever when you're in a rush so doing them now might help :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I too have had a very frustrating week. I actually had a blog written this morning and at the last minute deleted it and wrote another one. Hope you have a great weekend, I find retail therapy works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The frustrating weeks just make the great weeks even better, girly! Chin up and get excited for that move! You guys are going to have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can start packing your extra linens, your decor stuff, any clothes you're not wearing and not going to wear before then!

    I love packing because I'm a freak! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. who cares 25$ therapy in the form of a pedicure live a little hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came *this close* to writing a post yesterday that would have been one big bitchy rant. Sometimes you just have to write it even if you don't publish it. Hope you break out of your slump soon!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes typing/writing things out DOES help. Just the act itself gets you thinking and maybe makes YOU look a little deeper. That's how I used to feel when I journaled. For some reason, it was just so much easier for me to sort my feelings out on actual paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw I hope you are feeling happier soon! I know the move will help--yay for a new, awesome home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you had a frustrating week. I hope it turns around soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. must be something in the air because i had a post that i deleted too. sometimes we just need to get it out just for us and not for the world to see.

    hope you're feeling better soon!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you're feeling so blah. I love the feeling of writing a post and getting it out, even if no one sees it. You do what you need to do! Hmmm and as for packing, how about summer stuff, serving ware, extra linens you rarely use, and knick-knacks? It will be here before you know it, hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope this weekend cheered you up. And I loved the e-card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope this weekend cheered you up lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, I love that ecard! Shopping only makes me feel better when I actually find something I've been looking for! I love writing something out. I just hope I never accidentally publish it, eep! Hopefully this weekend was just what you needed :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)