Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What I've Been Up To, Part 1

Well well well, look who decided to show up to her own blog! Everything has been so crazy since the last time I posted mid-April, and I thought I'd come back and start to give everyone an update on my life (since I know you're all just waiting with bated breath for this, ha!) while I'm watching the Bachelorette (Andi still gets on my nerves). This probably doesn't mean I'll be back here full-time, 4 posts a week yet (there are still some unsettled things I'd like settled before I have time to fully re-commit), but I'm on my way. I want to get back into the swing of things with blogging and commenting and everything! So anyways, here goes! I'm going to start with the end of April up through mid-May, before tomorrow when I tell you guys all about the big E word and the big H word!




The end of April brought Easter (duh), which we celebrated with my family. You can see in the background that the trees had finally begun to bloom, bringing with them all kinds of fun allergens. Luckily I'm on tons of allergy meds now (okay, like 5) to calm everything down. Then after Easter came Earth Day (duh, again), but Earth Day is actually pretty big in my family. For the last 10 or years, my Dad has put on this awesome festival for a city near where we used to live, so every year we all volunteer and it's such a fun time! Brian and I always get to run the prize table, and it's always smiles at the prize table!






In May Brian and I headed down to Florida for a long weekend for his cousin's wedding. It was a great time, we stayed right near the beach, and the wedding was beautiful and overlooking the beach. They even had a golfing contest during the cocktail hour to keep the guests busy. Oh, and if you guys didn't notice, I finally got to meet Miranda when I was in Florida! We hung out at the beach and had delicious greasy food for lunch, I'm so happy she drove 2 hours to see me!! Thanks again Miranda!!

Okay guys, that's all I have for today. I'll be back tomorrow with other exciting updates, promise!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Yayyy so glad you're back...kind of...I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT I REALLY WANT THE DETAILS ON THE E THING, JESS! Tomorrow's post better give me all the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! So happy you're back to this place in some capacity. haha So excited for tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh so happy you're semi back and so ready for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back! Sounds like you had a great time while you were away and thats great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back! What a cool idea for them to have a golf contest.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)