Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What I've Been Up To, The E and H Words!!!

I'm back again, just like I promised! If you don't know what the E word and H word mean, you obviously don't follow me on Instagram and Twitter, because obviously I'm referring to Engagement and House! Yup, Brian and I are engaged, and we are also homeowners!! Okay, I know you're all waiting for the details.

So on May 20th, a Tuesday, I got home from work around 5pm and pulled into the garage, a seemingly normal day. Brian's car wasn't there, which was totally normal because he never gets home until about an hour after me. I walk over to the stairs and there are rose petals all over them. At this point, I knew. So I walked up the steps to more rose petals, a huge bouquet of roses, candles everywhere, and the song playing that I've always told Brian I want to dance our first dance to (Forever and Ever, Amen). Brian was in the kitchen with everything, and he was so nervous. Apparently he had asked my parents for their blessing the week before, unbeknownst to me, and also had hidden his car across the neighborhood so I wouldn't be suspicious when I got home from work. He told me how much he loved me and got down on one knee, it was so sweet! I said "for real? yes!" right away, then took the ring out of his hand and put it on my own finger #oops! What can I say, I was excited!





Brian had dinner planned at our favorite restaurant, and it was such a fun night telling everyone about our engagement that I could barely even eat! We are so happy, and are hoping to get married sometime next year, so let the wedding planning begin! I am so so so excited, any tips?!

Two days after our engagement, we settled on our house! It was pretty much the best week ever. That weekend was so busy but we are so lucky to have great families who helped us move and unpack. We are completely settled in and we just love our new house so much. I won't overload you with pictures, but here are a few favorites!






Alright, whew, now you are all updated and hopefully I will be back to your regularly scheduled programming ASAP!
post signature

27 comments:

  1. WOO HOOO!!!!! i did see this when you posted on instagram and liked it! how exciting.

    youre living room IS TOO CUTE. i love how color coordinated everything is! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh congrats!!!! How sweet!!! Such an exciting time.

    I am loving your living room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyy for engagements and new houses, I'm so glad I got to hear the stories although at least I got snapchat fixes when you weren't blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a house tour and we can discuss all the wedding planning! I had dinner with a friend last night and it was three hours of wedding talk non-stop so BRING IT! Your story is so cute and so nice how he knew which song should be playing. Congrats on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on everything!! How freaking amazing is your house, for real? Your decorating skills are desperately needed over here! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow congratulations on the house and engagement :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! I just got married a month ago (4/26/14) and I wrote up a few tips that would've helped me... (I planned the wedding in 5 months).

    http://www.himandme.org/2014/05/what-i-learned-from-wedding-planning.html

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, I'm so excited for you!!! Also, I love your living room and the black and white prints in your bedroom - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS! So happy for you and everything it all sounds GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW DID I MISS THIS???? YAY!! I'm so excited for you!!! On both the house AND the engagement!! So exciting :) Congrats lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats you two!!! I'm so happy for you! This is such an exciting time in your lives with the engagement and the new house, I can't wait to see how everything turns out for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! What an exciting time for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, I love all of this so much! Such an exciting time for y'all. Love the story and how he knew which song to put on. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah! I just emerged from a blogging hibernation and it's amazing coming back to see something so exciting! Congrats! You are going to be a beautiful beautiful bride! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWwwwwwww!!! So sweet! And your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations on the engagement and house!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many good things happening for you... I love it!
    So happy for you two... beautiful ring!
    Your place looks gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, I cried! Duh. I'm sappy. But I'm sooo happy for you! I love your ring and I'm so excited for you guys! About your engagement and your house :) and that you're back! Yayyyy! 😃😃😁

    ReplyDelete
  19. AHHHHHHHHHH I JUST LOVE ALL OF THIS! Your ring is absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait to see all the wedding planning come together and I'm loving your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much excitement! Beautiful new house, and beautiful couple! Y'all are awesome. Congrats again! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness I got a bit teary eyed! so excited for you!! congrats! you will make a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  22. When we got engaged, I think I might have grabbed the ring from his hand too...I just got SO excited! Then I could not believe he wanted to marry ME!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)