Wednesday, June 25, 2014

These Are My Confessions

... I only wash my hair every other day, sometimes every third day (but it's usually pretty nasty by that day). Thank goodness for baby powder/dry shampoo, except for the fact that my scalp is dry and kind of itchy right now from all the baby powder I dumped in there today.

... I am terrified of finding ticks on my dogs. I am also terrified of finding bed bugs at hotels. I always inspect the mattress before I do anything when I first get into a hotel room (oh, and throw the comforter on the floor). Ugh, I really don't like hotels.

... I laughed wayyyyy too hard (like, to the point of tears) at these poop horror stories. Basically I'm a 5 year old. P.S. #12 is the best.

... I almost gave up watching Andi's season of the Bachelorette this week. She is the epitome of boring and the fact that she describes herself as an ADA still drives me up the wall. Sorry hon, but I don't think the government lets you take off for a year to be on the Bachelor/Bachelorette.

... I really don't get why everyone gets so worked up about Sister Wives. It isn't illegal, he's only legally married to one of the women. The kids seem happy and healthy and well-taken care of. There are bigger things out there to worry about in my opinion. Live and let live, I say.

... I always have to read back through my blog posts to add in contractions and de-lawyer-ify my writing. Law school really made my writing too formal, blegh.

... I may have confessed that last confession already.. but I'm too lazy to check.

... I wrote up a whole confession that went here but I was too chicken to post it so I erased it. I know, I know... let me channel Alanis Morrisette (again): "I'm brave but I'm chickenshit, I'm sick but I'm pretty baby..."

... I really need to start working out and dieting. My weight has plateaued and to be honest, I need to lost A LOT of weight to get where I want to be by this time next year. Brian and I are setting a meal plan every week so we have to stick to that, but I need some non-Jillian Michaels exercise videos that are around 30 minutes.. any suggestions?!


... I really had to dig deep to come up with some confessions this week. I don't know about you, but I've been having an extremely hard time finding topics to blog about these days. I need your suggestions again!

Linking up with Kathy!
post signature

25 comments:

  1. I am so terrified of finding bed bugs when I am traveling. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy but I won't rest until I have thoroughly examined the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly hate to sound like a broken record because it's all over IG and Blogger lately, but i'm seriously loving the Tone It Up videos.. check out their youtube. they have the videos for free there of their work outs. I recommend doing them at least 2 or 3 rounds if they don't repeat them in the actual workout itself. i've been doing for about a month and have seen results in my abdomen and legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheap Hotels Bookings is a nice way of starting a vacation. Getting Cheap Hotels Bookings is not always an easy thing to do especially if you are a fan of the "traditional" way of booking hotels.
    location appartement prague

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only wash my hair every few days too... I just am too lazy to blowdry it every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like bikini body mommy! She has a website and her videos are free. I still think Andi is more interesting than Des, but she drives me nuts. Still hoping the season gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried using dry shampoo so I wouldn't have to wash my hair every day. I couldn't do it. My hair felt gross and in turn my face felt gross...I mean, it probably wasn't...it was probably all in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't wash my hair daily either. You should try T25. I haven't tried it yet but everyone I know that has loves it. I'm going to start it when I get back to Texas in August. The best part, although not 100% legit, you can find them on Youtube so if you don't want to pay an arm & a leg you don't have to. I did Insanity twice that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wash my hair like once every 3-4 days depending on what I do to it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Number one! 100%! I've always had oily hair and washed it every single day without fail, but I had a hairdresser tell me to stop and now I go about 3... Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish that I could only wash my ahir every other day. If I don't wash it every day it's disgusting! And no matter what age, poop jokes and stories are always funny. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I consider every other day hair washing to be my minimum. I feel like I'm causing damage when I wash it two days in a row, bring on the filth! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get grossed out at hotels...even really nice ones I dont trust!

    I am afraid of finding ticks on my dogs too! Ew!

    T25 is with Shaun T and they are 25 minutes a day with about a 2 minutes cool down. There are different work outs you do each day so it is hard to get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wrote a post (maybe while you were away) about things I wish you would blog about - I can send it to you if you need it! I am currently on team every other day of hairwashing and I don't hate it. Let me know if you find good workout videos because I need to find something!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on hair washing, but I just let mine look dirty because I don't go anywhere anyway most days.

    I LOVE Sister Wives and why does anyone care what they do. They are clearly a happy, healthy, well balanced family, to bad half of America can't say the same.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am terrified of ticks. blech! i don't care about sister wives to be honest, they can do them and i'll do me. i feel you on the eating and working out, i have got to get my lazy self together. not sure about 30 minutes, but i really like pop pilates and the tone it up girls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm on the 3-4 day hair wash schedule because my hair is really thick and dries out easily. And I'm with you on Sister Wives- I started watching because I was intrigued about their lifestyle, but I've continued because I'm interested in them. But they're "different," so you know everyone's gonna have something to say about them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to check some dry shampoo out! And omg bedbugs EWWWW. Chicago was one of the top places for them too....GROSS. How comforting...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't get worked up about Sister Wives but I am fascinated by their lives and how it all works so def get drawn into the show.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh I wrote the same thing about Andi last week. She is making me so bored and shes so biased its not funny. Just tell us Josh and Nick are in the final and cut the crap out. Also I heard she resigned from her position.

    As for tics ewww I hate those little buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would gladly wash my hair everyday but then it dries it out so I have to settle with every second or third day as for bed bugs and ticks.... gross, I'm hoping to get that thought out of my mind before I get to bed tonight lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to wash my hair at least once a day, otherwise it just becomes greasy and nasty and just ew.
    I like the PopSugar videos on youtube. They have some long videos, but they mainly have short 10ish minute videos and I do a few 10 minute videos or 1 long one. They definitely kicked my ass. The other youtube videos I used were Fitness Blender, but they don't have any background music in their videos which was slightly irritating to me that I had to provide my own music, but it was a free workout video, whata ya do?

    ReplyDelete
  22. 30min vids that will kill you: p90x3 and GSP rushfit. yowza!

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please don't hate me but I only read up to "poop stories" then I had to get out of here and see what that was all about... bahahahahaha!
    P.S. I only wash my hair every couple days or so, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm the same way about bed bugs! And I started no poo washing my hair this time last year and I only have to wash it 1 or 2 times a week. Those poop stories are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)