Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Good, the Bad, and the Cat Herders

I feel like my posts have no real structure lately. I've just kind of been winging it and writing whatever and whenever I want, and honestly, that's how it is probably going to be here at Pleas(e) and Carrots from here on out. No regular writing schedule, just me, writing random 'stuff,' for lack of a more descriptive word. Maybe that breaks all the blogging "rules" but I truly don't care.

Soooo all that being said, life has been pretty tough lately, to be honest, which is half of the reason I haven't been to my blog as often as I might like (the other half? I have been so busy!!). Some of the things making it tough are not my stories to share, but if you are the praying kind, or the cross your fingers and toes kind (I am both), please do a little of that for us if you have a moment to spare. Some of the things making life more difficult lately are things out of my control, like the mysterious stuff I just referenced and a medical issue, and some are in my control, yet I don't even know how to start herding these cats (watch my Dad's favorite commercial below to understand my reference.. hey, it's Father's Day after all).


As for the medical issue that is out of my control, even though I am trying to be honest and open on this blog, I also don't want to over-share. So in the spirit of semi-disclosure, basically I have to have a minor surgery soon, one that I had to have 3 years ago, and now I have to have it again. Needless to say I am not happy about it AT ALL, but I hope to be happier about it when it is all said and done and I feel at least somewhat better than I have the past few months. Feeling like crap all the time is draining, but then again, so is anxiety, and I've been fighting that demon for years. I pretty much use up all the energy I do have working all day (slash crying in the bathroom), so when I come home I have the functionality of a sloth. I lay around, watching TV and feeling nauseous. Fun fun, and great for losing weight (I hope you can sense the sarcasm here). Part of the anxiety is in my control, as no one else but me placed me into my current situation, but part of it God gave me for reasons I cannot even begin to fathom.

This post may have made no sense, or maybe it did, who knows? I try not to be a Debbie Downer though (does anyone else feel bad for people named Debbie? I mean, it's a nice name and all but I feel like they probably get called Debbie Downer a disproportionate number of times in their lives.. just sayin'). I am lucky enough to have a lot of good things in my life too, like the porch rails Brian's dad just installed for us, upcoming trips, and booking a wedding venue and amazing and talented photographers this weekend (both which I will talk about soon in a more upbeat post). So why oh why can't I solely focus on the good things in my life, instead of dwelling on the negative? That is a rhetorical question to ponder, I suppose. 
post signature

9 comments:

  1. I like randomness better than a plan, it's more honest and usually how I blog too!

    I am sending you big ass internet hugs! Things can't be bad forever, it's a rough patch in life and we all have them. Just keep going and sooner or later you'll be on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pshhh screw rules. It makes life much easier, anyway. Sorry for all the crap going on and good luck on the surgery (and everything else) front. And of course when you are up to sharing I would love to see your venue - both of the ones you considered sounded or looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying for you! Anxiety and physically feeling bad is a not so great combo. Sorry you've been having a tough time lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing my fingers and toes for yah!
    I have been scheduling my posts, but I feel like mine are more real if I do so unplanned. I need to get back to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your surgery, doll! Ps. Non-structured posts straight from your finger tips at that moment are usually the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about you having to have surgery and having a rough time. I hate to hear that, but just hold your head up and have faith that it will all work itself out! I am sending you good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, do yo' thaaang! Who cares if your posts aren't structured? These blogs are supposed to be a reflection of ourselves and how we feel... and NO ONE is structured 100% of the time! Just go with the flow and do whatever feels right on any given day! :)
    I'm definitely going to be thinking about you and sending extra good thoughts your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hate that you feel so awful lately. :( And boo to surgery...but if it makes you feel better that will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've got a whole lotta fingers and toes crossed for you down here. Health issues are draining :(

    You know, I've been leaning towards non-structured posts for a while and readers seem to like it more. So just type and to hooey with structure.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)