I CAN NOW CONFIRM: it's time for me, and this jacket I stole in 2007, to return to work.@netflix #GilmoreGirls pic.twitter.com/tBb07J9oO1— Lauren Graham (@thelaurengraham) January 29, 2016
So obviously I am so extremely excited (that's the understatement of the century) about the new series which is officially official now. It's all I could dream about since I could dream. From what I've heard so far, it's set in pretty much the present day and will be four, 90 min episodes/mini movies, titled 'Winter,' 'Spring,' 'Summer,' and 'Fall.' The scripts are basically finished, shooting may have started yesterday, and at a minimum, Lorelai, Rory, Luke, Lane, Kirk, Emily, Paris, Gypsy, and Michel are confirmed to come back.
But I have SO MANY QUESTIONS. I need to get some of them down in writing so I can let them go and stop peppering my husband with them.
1. WHEN is it coming back?! I can hardly stand it. Copper boom, people, c'mon.
2. Are Jackson, Lulu, Taylor, Babette, Miss Patty, Mrs. Kim, Zack, Brian, Gil, Caesar and everyone else from Stars Hollow going to come back? They need to, they're all part of the
3. And what about Sookie? I really really hope she makes an appearance at least. I can't even imagine how would they even write her not being there into the script with the Dragonfly and her being Lorelai's best friend and all. I'd be so smad. I want to see her kids all grown up. I read that if she wants to make a cameo they will write her in, but then Melissa says she was never asked. This is not cool, they need to figure all this drama out, we need Sookie!! Do it for the kids! Save the cornish game hens!
4. What is Paris up to these days? In Kelly Bishop's recent interview, she said what they've done with Paris is pretty cool, so I'm eager to find out,
5. Who did Rory end up with? The show focused somewhat heavily on their love lives and I need to know. I hope Dean and Jess don't come back. I don't like them, blech, don't get me started, it'd be so awkward and unnecessary. I hate Dean the most. He has anger issues and is so one-dimensional.
6. Going along with #5, did Rory ever talk to Logan again? It may be controversial but I think he was the best suited for her. He challenged her the most and he changed the most for her and it'd be sad if they never talked ever again. Maybe they got back together? I don't even know how I feel about this, but I NEED TO KNOW what happened.
7. Where does Rory work now? Hopefully not on a bus, I always thought she should have taken the job at the ProJo.
8. How are they going to handle the Richard situation? How did Emily handle it? Kelly Bishop said in an interview that Emily was sort of 'manic.' Does she still live in their house? I am so unbelievably sad that he passed away, he wanted to be part of a reunion so badly. This is going to break my heart.
9. Did Lorelei and Luke have kids? Did they re-buy the Twickham house and use Lorelai's house as a recording studio or a safe house? I'm not even questioning whether they stayed together, I couldn't handle it if they didn't and I think true GG fans would revolt. I'm not worried about April, I hope they have her away at college. And I hope Christopher moved away to Paris to be with Sherry or something. Au Revoir!
10. Lastly, some of the most important questions of all: What are they going to call it? I hope just Gilmore Girls. And are they going to change the theme song? I hope not, I want to relive the past. I have issues, I know.
Obviously I've had tons of time to think about this. New questions pop in my head all the time. I keep my eye out for new articles and interviews all the time. I can't wait, they need to hurry up with this! Oy with the poodles already. I am so going to sob like a big baby when I finally get to watch it. No, seriously, I am going to cry. Brian and I were just discussing this last night.
P.S. If you find the bajillion GG references (some are more subtle than others) in this post, you are my new best friend. Super cool party people bid you super cool adieu.