Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Rings of My Nightmares

As you may know, Brian and I have been together for over four and a half years, and we've been living together for two now, so back before we got engaged in May I knew it would be coming any time. So of course, the ring nightmares started at least a year ago. Girls, seriously, tell me you've had them? After each one I'd wake up in a panic and check my hand and be like "whew! dodged a bullet there" (also, that was the only time you'd catch me being relieved that I wasn't engaged haha). Anyway, I figured I'd share my top three worst ring nightmares today.


1. The Yellow Ring- The stone in the ring in this dream was yellow, like bright yellow. Not pretty, not pretty at all. But in my dreams apparently I am super sweet and "said yes" regardless of the ring, and even told Brian that I loved it. Barf! I've also dreamed about getting purple rings, and I think red.

2. The Plastic Super Bowl Ring- This one was so huge that when I wore it I couldn't even bend my finger, and it basically looked like a huge super bowl ring but it was plastic and had a green stone in it. Again, I told him I loved it!

3. The Convertible Ring/Watch- Alright I remember much more detail about this dream than the others. We were in some weird house and Brian was insistent upon making me waffles. So I was laying in bed, which was basically right outside of the kitchen (it's a dream, so it doesn't make sense, remember?) watching him make waffles. So he brings me two chocolate dipped waffles (weird) and insists I eat them. Okayyyy, so I took a bite and felt something so I looked and there was my ring! He was SO FREAKING EXCITED about the ring he picked out, and meanwhile I was mortified. Basically it was a gray rubber ring with a green plastic-looking "stone" on top, but when I put it on Brian was like "it's so awesome, look what it can do!" and he stretched the ring out and it became a watch to wear on your wrist. I remember thinking OMG seriously this is the worst, but I have to pretend to love it so I don't hurt his feelings. We went and told family in this dream too and I had to fake liking it for them so that they wouldn't think Brian was a freaking weirdo for picking out such an atrocious ring! I even told them it's exactly what I wanted and that I asked him to get me a ring just like that. Dream Jessica is wayyyyy nicer than Real Jessica, because Real Jessica would have told him what was up!!

I know I had more bad ring dreams besides these, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind! Luckily Brian came through and picked out my gorgeous ring which I love! Engaged/married ladies, what rings did you have nightmares about?


post signature

9 comments:

  1. lol your ring/watch dream is so funny. i can say that i never had any ring nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ring watch! I think you're on to something there hahaha! Remember actual ring watches? The rings that were actual watches (usually worn on the thumb)? I had one in middle school! LOL! I had some nightmares pre engagement--most were that he proposed without asking my dad first! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty hilarious! I can't say I have had any nightmare ring dreams yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha a ring watch? I never really thought much about my ring. I knew it was going to be special because the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with was picking it out. I just had a few suggestions that it be white gold and that I liked round diamonds best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely, definitely would not be into a ring watch. Just...no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I was 19 and knocked up when I got married. We had no money, so I really didn't care, ha. But Tom still did good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahahaha! I had one of these recently. The ring was yellow gold (I own NOTHING yellow gold, not my jam) and the stone was heart shaped. HEART SHAPED. *terrified*

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha love this! these are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha these are so funny. I never worried much about what my ring would look like, I would have been happy with a simple band but the hubs wouldn't have any of that. Lol. But I have dreamed I lost my ring a few times and woke up in a panic!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)