1. I'm super sad that Pretty Little Liars is having its summer finale next week.. c'mon man, I can't handle the suspense.
2. After my friend's wedding ceremony on Saturday, the wedding party had to go take pics all over the city. Well, the weather was super nice, but that doesn't mean I didn't sweat like crazy. Well since Brian was back at the hotel still until the reception, I asked him to bring me deodorant to the reception, which isn't weird, but I also asked him to bring me a spare pair of undies. I crumbled them up in a ball, tucked them inside the Spanx that I took off for the reception (ain't nobody got time for that), and hid them behind the ice bucket in the bridal suite of the reception venue. Nobody ever said I was classy!
3. Speaking of Spanx, I am never wearing that crap again. They are hot, uncomfortable, and make it impossible to use the bathroom. I really need to lose weight so I never have to use them again. As soon as the next month of madness is over Bri and I are rejoining the gym and it's serious business. I need to lose SO MUCH WEIGHT before our wedding, which is now less than 14 months away!!!
4. If the little stem is left on grapes or pieces of leaves are left on cut-up strawberries, I can't eat them. Idk, it just grosses me out.
5. I feel like I can't catch a break lately. I have another infection stemming from all the complications with my surgery/post op problems Got more antibiotics, yay. Oh and I'd like to thank the antibiotics for the awful side effects I've had for 3 weeks now. I left work early yesterday because I felt like death, and I can tell they're getting pissed but what can I do? Oh and I never decided what I want to do for my birthday on Saturday (not that I can do much anyways because I feel like shit) but now it doesn't really matter. A big eff you goes out to Brian's boss for forcing him to go to Texas all weekend, even though weeks ago Brian told him he couldn't go because Saturday is my birthday. And we can't celebrate next weekend either because he's going out of town again for 5 days. I feel like I've had a dark cloud over my head for the past 6 weeks and everything that can go wrong does. Will my world ever brighten up? Grrr
6. Okay and this really isn't a confession, but I just want to share my thoughts about the ALS Ice Bucket challenge. I don't get why people are hating on it. Anything that raises awareness and $$$ for a worthy cause is alright in my book. The ALS Association has received tons more donations compared to this same time period last year. I'd say that pouring ice on people's heads has certainly inspired giving among the masses, wouldn't you? I mean, I'm pretty sure that a greater than 1000% increase in charitable giving is a good thing. Whatever works, I say. And about it being "slacktivism?" How do you know that the people dumping water on their heads aren't donating too? I mean, have you asked them all? To assume that everyone who is dumping water on their heads isn't donating money is an incorrect and irresponsible blanket statement. Also, maybe some people can't afford to donate but still want to spread the message so people with means can donate. Oh and don't give me that crap about it being a waste of water. First of all, it's not that much water. Second, seriously guys, more water is probably wasted taking those long baths bloggers are always raving about, and no one's raising money taking a bath now are they? Nope. If you don't want to participate, then just don't! If you don't want to see the videos, then just don't watch them! If you want to donate to another charity, just do it! No one is stopping you, but making people feel bad about doing what they believe is for good is not nice. #endrant