Friday, January 17, 2014

Wise Words, Week One

Today is a happy day! It's FRIDAY and it's the first week of Wise Words of the Week.


In case you didn't read my post last week, here's the gist: Each Friday, I am going to share my favorite serious, funny, ironic, important, or annoying quotes from the week. They could be quotes from ANYONE, so if you come across something during the week you think is share-worthy, feel free to email me! Anyways, let's get this party started (it's super random, just a warning!):

"I might be dying, this is probably the last of my days!"

This was Brian when he wasn't feeling well earlier this week. Man! I should have included this in my Sh*t Men Say post. Guys are so dramatic when they're sick haha. Don't worry, Bri is all better now :-)

"Don't lay down with halls in your mouth. I guarantee that if swallowed, your life willll flash before your eyes. I speak from experience."

Words of wisdom from the tweet of a 15 year old. You guys didn't think I was going to have a list of the best quotes and not include Taylor, did ya?!

"I stand with Anna."

If you watch Downton Abbey, you know who Anna is. Kate wrote an amazingly brave post and reminded us all of some very valuable lessons about rape. It is a post definitely worth reading, even if you don't watch Downton Abbey. 

"I wasn't going to choose a word for 2014, but one just kind of fell in my lap yesterday. Reliance. This year, I'm RELYING on God. Every day. "

Miranda is one of the best people I know. She is an awesome and brave writer and a great friend with amazing faith. This tweet of hers earlier in the week is a reminder that we can always rely on God, always, any time, anywhere.

Have a great weekend everyone! 

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Guys are SO dramatic when they're sick...like come on dude, it's a cold! And OMGsh Miranda's word rocks. Checking out her blog meow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Brian is hilarious! Men can be so dramatic...I think they are sadly confused when they say we are the drama queens.

    Choking on Halls definitely sounds like a near-death experience.

    I've never watched Downton Abbey, but my mom just bough the first season and has been begging me to watch it with her when I go visit again.

    Thanks for featuring me this week! Your sweet words made me tear up a little. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men are hilarious when they're sick! And yeah, anything hard candy-like while laying down is the worst idea but somehow, I always seem to forget that, haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a sick man around is like having a sick kid, sometimes I want to video Tyson when he is sick so I can show him how silly he looked when he feels better.

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great post on the controversy of Downton's latest plot line. Thanks for sharing!

    I hate man illness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear, men are the BIGGEST babies when they're sick. Then they have the NERVE to mock us when we're BLEEDING FROM THE CROTCH FOR DAYS ON END!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men are such babies about being sick. haha

    I read that post and saw Miranda's tweet, great picks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)