Happy Hump Day everybody! It's like -2 degrees outside right, I'm still getting over my sickness, and I'm trudging my way to work today in all this snow, so I asked Steph from A Time For Seasons to take over for the day. She always has awesome crafts and recipes on her blog, so definitely check her out!! Thanks again Steph :-)
I have always enjoyed Valentine's Day. The kid's get to enjoy parties and swaps at school, and the adults get to enjoy chocolates, flowers, dates and more. Looking back over the years I have always enjoyed making my own Valentines and fun foods. Today I want to share some of my favorites:
Heart and Arrow
Block of Cheese
Boiled Hot Dogs
- Slice the Hot Dogs at an angle and reassemble so they look like a heart.
- Cut cheese block into arrow shape
- Assemble with spaghetti.
Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cut a small sliver off the strawberry so it will sit flat
- Cut small slices into the strawberry and add 2 sliced almonds for ears.
- Using icing: attach the mini chocolate chips as eyes
- Using icing: add a nose to the tip of the strawberry
- Add a tail made of Twizzlers.
Red Heart Gummy Candies
Small Candy Bag
- Use the candies and pretzels to assemble 3 arrows per bag.
- Add to candy bag
- Fold printable in half and staple to bag.
Steph Seibert is the WAH, homeschooling, mother of 3. After several years of missing seasonal activities, her family started making seasonal ‘bucket lists’. She posts about these adventures, crafts, DIYs, recipes and more at A Time for Seasons in hopes of helping other families get the most out of each season.