Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wedding Wednesday- Ceremony

Last week I posted about getting ready, and this week I'm going to share all about our ceremony! It was beautiful- the leaves looked so pretty and I loved our ceremony. We did the traditional wedding vows, but we each wrote some individual vows to each other and I definitely choked up during the last line of mine. I also cried as I reached Brian when I was walking down the aisle, but luckily the pastor said something funny like "nice weather we're having, huh?" and I did a weird snort laugh so the crying passed at least!

As the guys were walking up to the altar and as the girls walked down the aisle, "Going to the Chapel" by the Dixie Cups played. Then when I walked down, Pachelbel's Canon in D (the string version) played. After the ceremony was over and we walked back up the aisle, the Monkee's "I'm a Believer" was playing. It was so much fun and I loved our music choices!


It was COLD. Just before the ceremony, it sprinkled the teeniest bit, but luckily that went away after just a few minures! People actually said as I was walking down the aisle, the sun came out behind me! It was super windy and only about 45 degrees at its warmest, so luckily most people had thought ahead and wore their winter coats, plus I provided a bunch of blankets. It actually snowed the next day so we got lucky we weren't getting married that day. We definitely didn't expect it to be that cold though, but hey, at least I didn't sweat. We definitely didn't get as many posed pictures as I would have liked to after the ceremony because us girls especially were freezing our butts off in sleeveless dresses, but what can ya do? When it's 40 degrees and windy you do what you have to do to get warm- you go inside and you eat some cocktail hour snacks!


Come back next Wednesday for Part 1 of our reception pictures!

post signature

13 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVED your venue!! It was so gorgeous- and the perfect backdrop in the fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your venue is just gorgeous!!!! I love the bridesmaid dresses and you guys just look so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so darn beautiful, and your dress, the venue...everything - to die for! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get enough of your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
    AWESOME music choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy I love all your pictures, I can't believe it was so cold! At least your reception was inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful!! Love the song you picked to walk out too, I thought choosing the music was the best part of wedding planning haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your music choices! Even though it was cold, I think the gorgeous clouds in your photos made up for it! ;) I love that you provided blankets for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw the last photo after the ceremony is adorable! i love i'm a believer. such a good song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!! Looks like a wedding that should be published in a magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, these photos are gorgeous. The venue is beautiful and I love your dress and the bridesmaid dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous wedding!!! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fall foliage in the background is a perfect setting. Also I love your song choices! We got married in a Catholic church so Michael's dad (who is a deacon) could marry us, and they were super strict about music. We had to choose from one of their song selections. I wish he had been able to be more creative with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT. Where are those blankets with the squirrels on them from?! OBSESSED!

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I always respond, promise! Just make sure you're not a no-reply blogger :-)